Terms & Conditions
Article 1. Acceptance of the General Terms
By ticking the box “I accept the terms and conditions” during your online ordering process, you expressly declare having acknowledged the general conditions of access and use of the Book analysis hereinafter referred to as the “General Terms”) and you expressly declare to have read, understood and accepted the General Terms in their entirety. Only the General Terms and the other terms and conditions to which they refer to, or indicated in the ordering process, shall apply.
The electronic ordering process cannot be pursued without having ticked the box “I accept the General Terms”.
The General Terms will be automatically forwarded to you with confirmation of your order by e-mail.
Article 2. Designer and owner of the website
The site www.brightsummaries.com is owned, designed and managed by
BE0823671144 – Belgium
The use of the term “we” in the General Terms refers to this company.
We will use our best efforts to answer you as quickly as possible.
Article 3. Objective of the website brightsummaries.com
The commercial site www.brightsummaries.com (hereinafter referred to as the “Site”) is an electronic commercial site on the Internet that offers Book Analysis (hereinafter referred to as the “Book Analysis”) to which you can access against payment.
All Book Analysis have been written by professors, experts or university students.
Article 4. Access to the Book Analysis
Upon payment, as described hereunder, you may immediately download one or more Book Analysis ordered and paid for.
This download gives you access to the content for use within the limits described in the General Terms.
After downloading, you do not have the right to require improvements or updating of the said Book Analysis.
Article 5. Use of the Book Analysis
You do not acquire the ownership of the Book Analysis ordered, but simply the right to use it.
Your right to use is strictly personal, non-exclusive and non-transferable.
It is strictly prohibited to reproduce, publish, distribute, disseminate, duplicate or resell the content(s) of the Book Analysis and any other information from the Site, either partially or completely.
In case of failure to comply with this requirement, you expose yourself to legal action from us.
Article 6. Minimum age of accessing the Book Analysis
You declare to be at least 18 years old and to have the legal capacity to conclude a contract. If you are younger, you declare to hold the consent or the permission of your parent(s) or of a guardian allowing you to place an order on the Site.
Article 7. Prices
Prices include VAT but exclude all costs and expenses which are not specifically mentioned in the order.
Article 8. Payment
No Book Analysis will be accessible as long as your payment has not been made and received by us.
You may pay for your order in various ways:
- By Visa
- By MasterCard
- By American Express.
We are, in no case, liable for any problems you might encounter when you make transactions with these payment or telephone companies. Only the said payment sites will give you access to their sites and will inform you by e-mail on the success or failure of the payment procedure.
We do not accept any other method of payment, e.g. postal cheques.
Article 9. No possibility of cancelling your order
Due to the fact that the Book Analysis can be directly downloaded after your payment, you are not entitled to cancel your order. You are well informed and you expressly agree that this immediate access to the Literary Analysis ordered by you denies you the right to withdraw usually imposed by the regulation on consumer protection.
No request for reimbursement will be accepted unless it is proved that you have been unable to successfully download the Book Reivew ordered by you due to a technical problem on our Site.
Article 10. Complaints
Once downloaded, you must immediately check that you have obtained access to all contents downloaded from the Book Analysis.
Any claim must be communicated to us within 3 calendar days at the latest, by e-mail to the address mentioned in Article 2 of the General Terms.
You should describe in detail the problem identified.
Our liability, in cases where it is established, is strictly limited to taking appropriate action that we deem appropriate or necessary. We will treat the matter as quickly as possible, during business hours.
Article 11. Comments, suggestions or criticism of the Book Analysis
You may send us, at any time, comments, suggestions or criticism of the content of the Book Analysis, by e-mail to the address mentioned in Article 2 of the General Terms. We will respond as quickly as possible.
Article 12. Intellectual Property Rights
We remain the sole and unique owner of all information available on the Site (content, data, articles, files, icons, illustrations and original images, photos, diagrams, etc.), of software, source codes, applets and other elements of the Site, as well as trademarks, trade names, domain names, logos, etc. therein.
We also own all intellectual property rights to the content of each Book Analysis. You are not allowed, in any case, to sell, assign, distribute, reproduce, publish in any medium whatsoever, modify, decompile, withdraw our name, imitate, translate, copy, exploit in any manner whatsoever and by anyone, without our prior written consent.
However it is authorized to create, without prior consent from us, surface linking that refers to the homepage of the Site or to any webpage of the Site. But the use of any techniques to include all or part of this Site in a website by masking even partially the exact origin of the information or by confusing the origin of the information (such as framing or in-lining), requires our prior written permission.
Any infringement of intellectual property rights may lead to legal proceedings.
Article 13. Limitation of liability
13.1. No guarantee of academic success Despite the efforts of our Editorial Board, we cannot be held liable if the contents of the Book Analysis are not complete, correct, accurate, precise, reliable, up-to-date or relevant.
We do not guarantee the chances of academic success (exams, tests, homework, bachelor’s degree, etc.) by using the Book Analysis.
13.2. Exclusion of liabilityWe will in no case be liable in any manner whatsoever for any direct or indirect damages, even if there is no injury, of (a non-exhaustive list):
- The publication of any content or document sent by an Internet user in violation of intellectual property rights of a third part or harming others or including elements prohibited by law;
- Any violation of the article related to the intellectual property rights;
- Any damage resulting from the use of a Book Analysis;
- All information contained on other sites that have established a hyperlink to this Site;
- Messages written by Internet users on the blog Site, particularly in cases where they violate the copyright of a third party.
At a technical level:
- The introduction of computer viruses spread via the Internet;
- Damage caused by computer pirates or hackers;
- The partial or total, temporary or permanent, interruption of access to the Site or to the Book Analysis and operation of the Site;
- A computer crash;
- Navigation problems, viruses or slowness of the server;
- The downloading, on the Site or from the Site, of a file damaging your computer equipment or causing loss of data.
13.3. Limit of liability if engaged
In the case that our liability is in any way engaged, we will pay compensation only for direct damages caused solely by our gross and intentional fault, and not for any other damage such as loss of profit, increased overheads, disruption of schedule, goodwill or anticipated savings, or any other indirect loss or damage.
The amount of damages that we may be liable for shall not exceed EUR 250.
Article 14. Temporary or permanent interruption of the access to the Site
We reserve the right to terminate our business activity or the access to some or all Book Analysis, at any time, temporarily or permanently, without prior notice or justification and without compensation whatsoever.
Article 15. Newsletters
By ticking the box « I agree to receive newsletters from the Site www.brightsummaries.com », you expressly agree to receive newsletters regularly in your e-mail box. We promise however not to send you more than one newsletter per week.
In each newsletter you will be able to access an URL webpage, which will allow you to unsubscribe at any time in order to stop receiving newsletters thereafter. Unsubscribing will be free and with immediate effect.
Article 16. Personal data protection and privacy
You expressly agree that the personal / private data (linked to you as an individual) that you enter on the order form of our Site or that you provide when you interact with us (by phone, e-mail, etc.) are used by us to process your order(s) and to customize and enhance communication i.e. through newsletters or e-mails that you expressly agree to receive. We undertake not to use your personal data for purposes other than what is provided in this paragraph.
Except in cases where you express your consent, we promise not to communicate or disclose, in any form, personal data related to you: (i) except to companies or individuals which perform limited tasks on our behalf or independently, such as processing credit card payments ; (ii) except to the company or person which may acquire our business; and (iii) except to jurisdictional authorities that may require access to the said data.
Whenever you access our Site, we store limited information (i.e. via “cookies” which are alphanumeric identifiers embedded in your hard drive through your web browser). The information we collect includes your IP-Internet protocol that connects your computer to the Internet, confirmation of receipt and reading e-mails between you and us, your login information, your e-mail address, your password on our Site, your browser type, your operating system and your platform, the history of your orders and URL tracking on our site.
You may refuse or disable these cookies in “Help” on the toolbar of your browser. However, we recommend that you do not do so to optimize your order on our Site.
We strive to protect your personal information during transfers and we use SSL software (Secure Socket Layer software) that encrypts information you input before it is sent to us. If you share a computer, you must sign out after each use.
Your data and other information are stored by us and are available to you at any time and for free, on demand and without any justification, at the address and contact information mentioned in Article 2 of the General Terms. You have the right to require any modification, amendment or withdrawal of your personal data from our database, and the immediate cessation of receiving any further e-mails and/or other communication from us.
In accordance with the law, the handling of personal data has been conveyed to:
- In France: the CNIL, Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés (www.cnil.fr); and
- In Belgium: the Belgian Commission for the Protection of Privacy (www.privacycommission.be/fr/).
Article 17. Customer Reference
If you are a business company or a public institution, you expressly permit us to quote, as a reference, your name on any medium whatsoever (brochure, website, booth, poster, etc.) without compensation by any counterpart.
Article 18. Submission of content concerning books
- You may offer us the content(s) of any books to be published in a book analysis.If our Editorial Board accepts, we will conclude a contract describing the rights and obligations of the parties and the terms of copyright.
- You declare under oath that you are the sole author of the content offered, that it does not infringe any intellectual property rights of any third party, that the content is correct, that you will not usurp the identity of anyone.
- You may not introduce in the files you send us, i.e. spam, advertisements, links to pirate software, programs for hackers, illegal sites or any other unauthorized similar software or files.
- We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove or to change any content, i.e. for technical reasons (insufficient storage capacity, viruses, clarity of web page) or legal reasons (defamatory, untrue, racist, obscene information or phrases advocating crimes against humanity). The above reasons are mentioned as examples and should not be construed as exhaustive.
- By submitting a content proposal, you agree to grant us the exclusive right to use, reproduce, sell, modify, adapt, publish, translate, distribute and display such content on our Site, on other sites owned by us or on any other medium, anywhere in the world, for an unlimited period.
- You are and you will remain liable for your content, particularly in the case that it violates the copyright of a third party, it harms others or it has elements being sanctioned by law.
- We will, in no case, be liable for any consequence and in particular, for any damage caused by such content, anyhow and at any time. You agree not to sue us, to take the responsibility to defend our interests in the event we are pursued by a third party, and to bear the compensation and financial consequences that could arise from a jurisdictional or administrative decision made against us.
Article 19. Applicable law and competent jurisdiction
Belgian law will govern any relationship between you and us.
In the case of a dispute, the Court of Namur shall be competent.